Thursday, July 5, 2012

A letter to my daughter half a world away

Dear Elli,

I miss you. I don't know how that is possible but God did something in my heart when He confirmed His desire to find you and bring you home to the family He created you to be with. There is so much happening here at home, Kate and Josh to camps, Sam getting ready to leave for college, Drew trying to come home for a visit but getting stalled at every turn. I am trying to rearrange the house for you. Creating a space that is just yours. Creating a space that screams THIS IS MY HOME... FOREVER!

I am tired of waiting for you. I hate that I know you are somewhere out there and have no idea that there is a mommy and daddy and brothers and a sister who are DYING for you to be revealed to us. There is a whole body of believers who have worked hard to help us bring you home. We are all tired of waiting. Yet, God wants us to wait. He wants us to trust Him perfectly. He wants us not to be impatient, or to shed tears, or to feel stressed because we have to wait. He wants us to rest completely in Him knowing He holds you in his loving arms and will give you to us when HE decides it's the right time. I am so thankful for His control, for His Holy Spirit that speaks to me daily to calm my spirit and enable me to set my mind on the things above.

So, although I am tired of waiting, I will continue to wait. I will continue to wait as long as it takes because you are WORTH waiting for. I love you with all my heart, only God could create that kind of love in a mother who has yet to even meet her daughter.

Soon we will be together and we will delight in each other. I cannot wait... but I will.

I love you desperately,
Mommy


I waited patiently for the Lord, He turned to me and heard my cry. Ps 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment