Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In case I overlooked something...

I have ignored this blog for far too long. It's not that I don't thoroughly enjoy writing, I really do. It's just that now that fall schedules are in full swing and with the reality that because we homeschool my kids never leave (definitely one of the few things that occasionally find me on the pro AND con side of the "why are we doing this?" discussion page) I rarely get time to put my thoughts together in my brain let alone on this blog.

I have begun having trouble staying asleep. I really didn't think that would ever happen to me. I used to be able to get up in the middle of the night, nurse a baby, go back to bed and fall back to sleep immediately. I used to feel so sorry for the few friends I had that would comment "Oh, not me, once I open my eyes, I'm done. I am awake for the day." Now, that person is me. I do wonder how much is aging (I had heard that as we age we need less sleep) and how much is my own fault. At some point I am going to try to organize my bedtime habits like I am trying to organize my school and home. At some point probably means in 10 years.

I do know one thing though, one of the reasons I am not able to go back to sleep is because I wake up with so many thoughts racing like the Indy 500 through my brain. I try to push them out but that takes so much time that I get impatient waiting to fall back to sleep. I then allow thoughts of what I can accomplish in the dark and quiet of our home take shape in my imagination and I am drawn out of the bedroom.

All this to say... It's way too late in coming but better late than never.... I am finally introducing Elli to all of you, most of whom have already met her but after all, it's HER blog, isn't that why you read it?


Elizabeth Hope Farhart
Born March 15, 2007




No comments:

Post a Comment